International Neurosonology Certification Examination 2023
Asia Pacific Stroke Organisation (APSO) is pleased to conduct the International Neurosonology Certification Examination 2023 in collaboration with the Neurosonology Specialty Group, World Federation of Neurology.
- Date: 2 December 2023 (Saturday)
- Time: 8:00am - 1:00pm (UTC+8)
- Venue: Conference Hall 06, HKSTP (venue of APSC 2023)
- Exam Fee: USD100 per examinee
- Online Registration: REGISTRATION CLOSED
*Examinee must be a participant of the APSC 2023 Conference.
The examination will consist of TWO components:
- Multiple Choice Test (MC-test)
- Hands-on Examination
*Full certification needs both components. It is possible to pass only the theoretical part (MC-test), but for the practical test the MC-test is a precondition either beforehand or in parallel at the same meeting.
Multiple Choice (MC) Test
- 40 questions
- Choice of 4 answers, only one is correct
- 75% correct answers (30 out of 40) will pass the exam at the level of ESNCH Expert in Neurosonology
- 60% to 72.5% correct answers (24 to 29 out of 40) will pass the exam at the level of ESNCH Certified Neurosonologist
- Both extracranial and transcranial colour duplex sonography, as well as Doppler sonography will be tested
- Allotted time not more than 30 minutes
- Each applicant will perform the exam under supervision of two members of the international certification committee (or nominated examiners of equal experience)
- Applicants can familiarize with the devices beforehand and will be given technical support during the exam
For more details of the certification process and suggested reading materials, please press HERE.